Home > Scripts > Media: Images, Audio, Video ... > Gallery / Media Portal
- MySQL 5
- PHP 5 (recommended 5.2)
- A graphic library like GD or IM is recommended
Piwigo offers a wide set of features for any photo gallery. Many of the available features are listed below. New features are added to Piwigo on an ongoing basis, because of coding team ideas and discussions with the user community.
- Upload your photos: You can add photos with the web form, any FTP client or a desktop application like digiKam, Shotwell, Lightroom, iPhoto, Aperture. iPhone/Android applications.
- Organize with Albums: Distribute your photos among your own albums. The album tree has unlimited depth. Each photo can belong to several album.
- Describe with Tags: Offer your visitors another way to browse your photos, starting from the tags cloud and using multiple related tags to reduce the selection.
- Browse by Dates: Digital cameras store the date in the photo and Piwigo uses this date to display your photo collection in a calendar and let you browse from day to day.
- Privacy on your Photos: Make your photos private and decide who can see each of them. You can set permissions on albums and photos, for groups or individual users.
- Themes and Plugins: Change appearance with themes. Add features with plugins. Extensions require just a few clicks to get installed. 350 extensions available, and growing!
- A Great Place For Your Visitors: Your visitors can post comments, give ratings, mark photos as favorite, perform searches and get notified of news by email or RSS feed.
- Piwigo in your Language: Piwigo is available in 54 languages. In a single gallery, you can describe photos in several languages. Translators are also collaborating with plugin creators.
- Statistics and Management Tools: Administrators can browse history, process photos in batch mode, validate comments and user photos, add permalinks or manage remote servers.
- And also:
- automatic slideshow
- use of EXIF/IPTC metadata to fill photo properties such as title and tags
- browse photos in a map with RV Maps & Earth plugin
- a web API to perform actions from other applications, such as display thumbnails in a WordPress blog with PiwigoPress
- meaningful URLs including tag/category/photo names for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- predefined photo sets such as best rated, most seen, random or most recent
- ability to combine browsing methods: display all photos tagged “James” + “Carol” taken in September 2010
- ability to add HTML pages with Additional Pages plugin
- easy installation and upgrades
- advanced techniques to filter SPAM
- many configuration settings to make Piwigo fit your own needs